Who I am
I am an author, thought leader and recovering lawyer. I write BOOKS FOR CHANGE! (and carry around my soap box too!)
“Sharing the right ideas at the right time can change the world.”
What I do
I write, publish and promote books and authors who wish to bring about positive social change. These books are mostly “how-to” guides based on empirical research. All are easy to read and can be used immediately. Topics include:
- Restorative justice
- Life purpose
- Circle process
- Gender equality
- Sexism in relationships
- I want to accelerate positive social change.
- Change agents need practical tools to bring about change (and not reinvent the wheel).
- There is a lack research-based information on how to make the world better, plus:
- There is too much superficial information in popular media.
- People find it hard to sort through “good” and “bad” information.
- There are too many “experts” with websites – many without much substance.
- Media is failing at educating for the “public good” and the news media is disrupted.
- Big publishers rarely publish educational books unless the author is already famous (they are not big sellers!).
To educate and empower people to bring about social change and end social injustice and unfairness – particularly gender inequality and sexism.
- Help people understand the deeper causes of societal problems and real solutions.
- Provide practical information and tools to bring about social justice.
- Promote news ways to “be together” as humans without war and hatred (and promote peace and love!)
- Promote all thought leaders, cutting edge authors and publishers of great books.
Maureen’s Short Bio
After practicing and teaching law for over 20 years Maureen Ftzgerald decided to write books that could change the world. She has since written 11 books on topics ranging from mission statements to mindfulness. Her most recent book is “Lean Out-How to Dismantle the Corporate Barriers that Hold Women Back” Maureen has several university degrees including a business degree, two law degrees, and a doctorate degree. She is also the mother of two teen daughters.
Maureen’s long Bio
Maureen F. Fitzgerald, PhD, JD, LLM, BComm is an author and thought leader and former lawyer. She practiced law for over 20 years as a labor lawyer, policy lawyer and professor of law at two universities. She has written many books and articles – both academic and practical. She has a business degree, two law degrees, a masters’ degree in law from the London School of Economics and a doctorate degree from UBC. Always a leader of both people and ideas, Dr Fitzgerald speaks across North America about social justice, equality and mindfulness. Her motto is: Sharing the right ideas at the right time can change the world. Her most recent book is: Lean Out: How to Dismantle the Corporate Barriers that Hold Women Back. You can find her at www.MaureenFitzgerald.com
Maureen’s many books include:
- Lean Out – How to dismantle the corporate barriers that hold women back.
- Motherhood is Madness – How to break the chains that prevent mothers from being truly happy.
- Occupy Women– A manifesto for positive change in world run by men.
- A Woman’s Circle – Create a peer mentoring group for advice, networking, support and connection.
- Invite the Bully to Tea – End harassment, bullying and dysfunction forever with a simple yet radical new
- If not now, when? – Create a life and career of purpose with a powerful vision, a mission statement and measurable goals.
- Mindfulness Made Easy – 50 simple practices to reduce stress, create calm and live in the moment – at home, work and school.
- Hiring, Managing and Keeping the Best – The complete Canadian guide for employers (with Monica Beauregard).
- So You Think You Need a Lawyer – How to screen, hire, manage or fire a Lawyer.
- Legal Problem Solving – Reasoning, research and Writing (7th). Lexis/Nexis
- Wake up Sleeping Beauty: Protect your daughter from sexism, stereotypes and sexualisation [out in 2017]
- Mean Girls Aren’t Mean: Stand up to cliques, bullies, peer pressure and popularity and empower girls in a radical new way.[out in 2017]
- Gritty is the New Pretty– Raise confident, courageous and resilient girls in a man’s world. [out in 2017]
“The workshop received the highest score on the content, presenter’s sense of humor and participation with delegates. The presentation was called, “Very practical, dynamic leading but a fabulous presenter with a great sense of humor.”=
“You are like a can opener for the mind. Not many people can challenge my thinking like you do. I usually process information rather quickly, but it took me much longer to digest what you said. What a wonderful treat.”
“Your presentation was tailored to meet our needs, informative, useful, stimulating, entertaining and seamlessly professional.”
“Your presentation was inspiring, the highlight of my week. As you were presenting, I found myself affirming nearly every statement.”
“There aren’t many people who impress me frankly but your presentation was fresh, real and bloody useful! Thanks!”
“Thank you so much for such an inspiring and intelligent body of work.”