Maureen F. Fitzgerald, PhD is a Gender Diversity Advisor, former lawyer and author. She helps leaders build globally competitive and fully engaged organisations. By attracting, retaining and advancing women, corporations are better able to tap a broader talent pool, access new markets, reduce the cost of turnover and build more engaged workplaces. Dr. Fitzgerald:
- Provides advice on policies, practices and strategic plans to attract, retain and advance women.
- Educates groups about gender equality ─through keynote presentations and facilitated dialogues.
- Resolves immediate problems such as harassment and bullying ─ through mediation and investigations.
Dr. Fitzgerald practiced law for 20 years and taught at two universities.
If you are a CEO, senior executive, corporate board member, CHRO or an emerging leader who knows about the value of women but need help in attracting and retaining and advancing them, then Maureen can help.
Maureen is author of twelve books, including Occupy Women, Lean Out and Invite the Bully to Tea. She has a business degree (BComm) from the University of Alberta, a law degree (JD) from Western University, a master’s degree in law (LLM) with distinction from the London School of Economics and a doctorate degree (PhD) from the University of British Columbia.
In her former career, Maureen was a labor lawyer, a policy lawyer and a mediator. She was also a professor of law at the University of Victoria and the University of British Columbia. She has written many articles, both academic and practical.
Always a leader of both people and ideas, Maureen speaks often about social justice, equality and mindfulness. Her motto is: Sharing the right ideas at the right time can change the world. You can find her at www.MaureenFitzgerald.com.
Maureen is author of many books including:
- Lean Out – How to dismantle the corporate barriers that hold women back.
- Motherhood is Madness – How to break the chains that prevent mothers from being truly happy.
- Occupy Women– A manifesto for positive change in world run by men.
- A Woman’s Circle – Create a peer mentoring group for advice, networking, support and connection.
- Invite the Bully to Tea – End harassment, bullying and dysfunction forever with a simple yet radical new
- If not now, when? – Create a life and career of purpose with a powerful vision, a mission statement and measurable goals.
- Mindfulness Made Easy – 50 simple practices to reduce stress, create calm and live in the moment – at home, work and school.
- Hiring, Managing and Keeping the Best – The complete Canadian guide for employers (with Monica Beauregard).
- So You Think You Need a Lawyer – How to screen, hire, manage or fire a Lawyer.
- Legal Problem Solving – Reasoning, research and Writing (7th). Lexis/Nexis
- Wake up Sleeping Beauty: Protect your daughter from sexism, stereotypes and sexualisation [out in 2017]
- Mean Girls Aren’t Mean: Stand up to cliques, bullies, peer pressure and popularity and empower girls in a radical new way.[out in 2017]
- Gritty is the New Pretty– Raise confident, courageous and resilient girls in a man’s world. [out in 2017]
“The workshop received the highest score on the content, presenter’s sense of humor and participation with delegates. The presentation was called, “Very practical, dynamic leading but a fabulous presenter with a great sense of humor.”=
“You are like a can opener for the mind. Not many people can challenge my thinking like you do. I usually process information rather quickly, but it took me much longer to digest what you said. What a wonderful treat.”
“Your presentation was tailored to meet our needs, informative, useful, stimulating, entertaining and seamlessly professional.”
“Your presentation was inspiring, the highlight of my week. As you were presenting, I found myself affirming nearly every statement.”
“There aren’t many people who impress me frankly but your presentation was fresh, real and bloody useful! Thanks!”
“Thank you so much for such an inspiring and intelligent body of work.”