Maureen F. Fitzgerald, PhD, LLB, LLM, BComm is a recovering lawyer, author and change agent. She practiced law for over 20 years and is the founder of CenterPoint Media, a multimedia publisher of books that advance thinking.
In her former life, Maureen was a labor/policy lawyer and mediator. She was also a professor of law at two universities and has written many articles, both academic and practical.
She has a doctorate degree from University of British Columbia, a business degree from University of Alberta; a law degree from the University of Western Ontario; and a masters’ degree in law from the London School of Economics (with distinction). Maureen is author of the following books:
• Lean Out: How to dismantle the corporate barriers that hold women back. 20 Strategies for True Success!
• Motherhood is Madness: How to break the chains that prevent mothers from being truly happy. 15 Simple Solutions!
• Occupy Women: A manifesto for positive change in a world run by men. 20 Powerful Strategies!
• A Woman’s Circle – Create a peer mentoring group for advice, networking, support and connection.
• Invite the Bully to Tea – End harassment, bullying and dysfunction forever with a simple yet radical new approach.
• If not now, when? – Create a life and career of purpose with a powerful vision, a mission statement and measurable goals.
• Mindfulness Made Easy – 50 simple practices to reduce stress, create calm and live in the moment – at home, work and school.
• Hiring, Managing and Keeping the Best – The Complete Canadian Guide for Employers, with Monica Beauregard.
• So You Think You Need a Lawyer – How to Screen, Hire, Manage or Fire a Lawyer.
• Legal Problem Solving – Reasoning, Research and Writing (6thd). Lexis/Nexis
• Wake up Sleeping Beauty: Protect your daughter from sexism, stereotypes and sexualization [out in 2016]
• Mean Girls Aren’t Mean: Stand up to cliques, bullies, peer pressure and popularity and empower girls in a radical new way.[out in 2016]
• Gritty is the New Pretty- Raise confident, courageous and resilient girls in a man’s world. [out in 2016]
Always a leader of both people and ideas, she speaks on topics that promote equality, open-mindedness and justice.Her motto is: Sharing the right ideas at the right time can change the world. You can find her at www.MaureenFitzgerald.com.