No more man caves!
A book for women who are frustrated – and the men who love them.
Your husband may not want to read this book. It’s not that he doesn’t care about you or your relationship; it’s just that men don’t think it’s their responsibility.
But he needs it and so do you if you both want more intimacy.
Unlike other relationship books, that suggest that men and women are equally to blame for problems and often ask women to work harder at relationships, this book points directly at our socialization and specifically at male behavior.
In a gentle yet provocative way Maureen Fitzgerald, gender expert and former lawyers says, “It’s not that men are bad people, it’s just that most men inherit some deeply engrained beliefs that are harming their relationships. And they just can’t see them.”
Does your husband or partner?
• Find it difficult to listen to you and often interrupt you?
• Barely do his share of the housework and child rearing?
• Have a hard time taking advice or directions from you?
• Tend to run away or get angry when emotions arise?
• Accuse you of nagging when you make a simple request?
Most relationship books suggest that these male behaviors are genetic and thus unchangeable. In other words, men are born this way and women must tolerate it. This book suggests otherwise.
This sure-to-be controversial book invites all good men to look in the mirror, reject the pressure to be macho and be more of the caring and strong man that attracts intimacy. Men (and women) will learn how to:
• Stop old patterns from harming your relationship
• Honor your male and female differences
• Communicate in a way that builds connection
• Tap your social and emotional intelligence
• Build a lasting and loving relationship
Pulling no punches, these 40 strategies are guaranteed to change the way we look at relationships and put an end to arguments. Fitzgerald invites us to take a fresh new look at the way we function as couples and surface our underlying mindsets and habits that are invisibly pulling us apart.
If you are tired of building man caves and truly want a loving husband this book is for you.