Here is a excerpt from a Huffington Post article.
Though someone’s reproductive choices are really no one’s business but their own, strangers and family members alike seem to feel justified in commenting a woman’s childfree lifestyle. Redditor Jezebel* asked childfree women on the site to share the most ridiculous questions they’d been asked about their decision. Here are 12 of their startling responses:
- “Who will take care of you when you get old?”
- “So you hate people?”
- “Do you only think of yourself?”
- “What will you do with your life?”
- “Is it because you don’t want to pass your genes on to someone else?”
- “Won’t your [partner] leave you when [they] find out?”
- “Are you even a woman?”
- “You don’t want them or can’t have them?”
- “You’re just being selfish. Who’s going to give me grandchildren?”
- “Are you sure [your partner] is okay with that?”
- “How can you ever hope to be a family?”
- “That’s what we were put on earth to do. Have children and love them, what else do you want from life if you don’t have that?”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/women/ 12 Dec2015
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!