Many entrepreneurs and small businesses need a lawyer at one time or other but many don’t know how to find, hire or manage one. You may be asking things like:
- Where do I begin?
- How do I know if the lawyer has the right credentials?
- What kinds of questions should I ask?
- What does it cost to meet with a lawyer?
- How do know if my lawyer is any good?
- How much should I expect to pay?
So You Think you Need a Lawyer will answer these questions and many more. This book will help you decide if you actually need a lawyer and then take you through the steps of finding one, conducting the first meeting, helping the lawyer with your case, assessing your lawyer’s performance and understanding the bill. It will even tell you how to fire your lawyer if you are not happy with the service you get.
Many of us are overwhelmed by the complexity of the law and feel intimidated by lawyers. Fitzgerald, a seasoned lawyer, arms you with the tools and knowledge you need to work with your lawyer toward a mutually rewarding partnership.