About Maureen F Fitzgerald, PhD
Maureen Fitzgerald, PhD is a Gender Equity Advisor, author and former lawyer.
She practiced law for 20 years before realizing her calling as a change agent and author.
Maureen has several university degrees including a business degree, two law degrees, and a doctorate degree. She has written ten books and is now dedicated to:
- helping organisations achieve gender equality quickly and easily,
- writing books and articles on equality, mindfulness and social justice; and
- speaking on women’s equality, empower and leadership.
Her motto is: “The right idea at the right time can change the world.”
Her most recent book is “Lean Out-How to Dismantle the Corporate Barriers that Hold Women Back.”
Maureen F. Fitzgerald, PhD, JD, LLM, BComm is a Gender Equity Advisor author, and former lawyer.
She practiced law for over 20 years as a labor lawyer and policy lawyer. She was also a professor of law at two universities and wrote a law school textbook that has been in print for 23 years. She has written ten books and many articles – both academic and practical.
She has a Commerce Degree (BComm), a law degree (JD)) and a Masters of Laws degree (LLM with Merit) from the London School of Economics (UK). She also holds a doctorate degree (PhD) from University of British Columbia.
As a Gender Equity Advisor, Maureen conducts gender audits, fact findings and strategy sessions about how to hire, retain and advance women so they can reach their potential. Her expertise is in removing institutional and systemic barriers that hold women (and men) back and creating respectful and engaging cultures.
Always a leader of both people and ideas, Dr Fitzgerald speaks across North America about social justice, equality and mindfulness. Her motto is: Sharing the right ideas at the right time can change the world.
Maureen’s books include:
- Lean Out – How to dismantle the corporate barriers that hold women back.
- Motherhood is Madness – How to break the chains that prevent mothers from being truly happy.
- Occupy Women– A manifesto for positive change in world run by men.
- A Woman’s Circle – Create a peer mentoring group for advice, networking, support and connection.
- Invite the Bully to Tea – End harassment, bullying and dysfunction forever with a simple yet radical new
- If not now, when? – Create a life and career of purpose with a powerful vision, a mission statement and measurable goals.
- Mindfulness Made Easy – 50 simple practices to reduce stress, create calm and live in the moment – at home, work and school.